We talk to Alicia Navarro about the enormous benefits of Deep Work and how to achieve it. She also discusses why it's becoming increasingly hard for people to focus, sharing a number of psychological hacks to avoid distraction and get into a state of deep work and flow.
Alicia Navarro is the CEO and founder of FLOWN, an online platform that supports people in accessing deep work, achieve better focus and feel good about it.
She also sets Gwen and Kate a challenge to help them clear their minds in preparation for a deep work session.
To find out more about Alicia and FLOWN (plus info on their 30 day free trial) go to: https://flown.com/ or https://linktr.ee/flown
Books mentioned in this episode are:
- Deep Work by Cal Newport: https://www.calnewport.com/books/deep-work/
- Stolen Focus, and Lost Connections, both by Johann Hari: https://johannhari.com/
You might also want to check out these other Right Up My Podcast episodes that link in with the theme of Deep Work:
- Forest Bathing: https://rightupmy.buzzsprout.com/1337593/5852749-ep-3-forest-bathing
- Getting Sh*t Done: https://rightupmy.buzzsprout.com/1337593/6770008-ep-7-getting-sh-t-done
- Changing Habits: https://rightupmy.buzzsprout.com/1337593/11138980-ep-31-changing-habits
Thank you to our team:
Music - Andrew Grimes
Artwork - Erica Frances George
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. Thank you!
Join the RUMP Club! Support the team and access exclusive content from as little as £3 p/month at: https://www.patreon.com/rightupmypodcast